Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
Ascotuk.com retains the right to refuse any request or order made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card or Paypal Account used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods which you ordered have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
Customers have the right to cancel under the Consumer Contract Regulations in addition to our Returns Policy. When customers have received goods that they need to cancel under the Consumer Contract Regulations, we require the Goods to be returned - unpacked and unused to us, prior to any refund taking place less the original cost of delivery and any other cost involved to return r retrieve the item. The cost of the return shipping must be paid by the customer. For European orders, all import and duty to be paid by the client in the receiving country.
Pricing and Availability
Promotional discount codes - We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. Only one promotional discount code can be applied to an order.
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT at the rate appropriate to the country of receipt within the EU. VAT is not included in our prices for customers outside of the EU. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the 'Total Cost'.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Goods will not be dispatched until this pre-authorisation check has been completed. Your card will be debited once the order has been accepted.
The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be specified at the time of issue.
- Gift Vouchers may only be valid for a limited time and the voucher must be used by the date shown on the voucher – check your voucher to find out when to use it by.
- We’re afraid we can’t accept any responsibility for stolen or deleted gift vouchers.
- We’ll despatch your gift voucher either as soon as payment has been cleared or on your specified delivery date (if this is later). We’re afraid we can’t be responsible for any delays, no matter how they are caused.
- If you are the purchaser, please double check the delivery email address you enter – it is your responsibility to do so and we’re afraid we can’t be held responsible if a gift voucher is used by someone other than your recipient if the email address entered is incorrect.
- In addition, we can’t take responsibility for any gift vouchers that are lost or used by someone other than your recipient after delivery. Make sure your recipient has received their gift voucher, as it is their responsibility to keep the voucher details safe.
- From time to time, gift vouchers may get caught in pesky spam filters, and it’s up to the recipient to check these filters. We can’t take responsibility if a gift voucher cannot be delivered to the recipient’s email address because of spam filters, firewalls, the capacity of the recipient’s mailbox or any other factors outside of our control.
- If you need a refund, this will be made in the same way as the original payment method (such as onto a gift voucher, debit/credit card account, or a combination of the two).
- As you’d expect, we reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions.
Export to the EU
The client is responsible to pay all import charges in the receiving country. Our product has no import duty, however you will have import VAT and a small charge for paper work.
Once the unit has been dispatched, the client is responsible for all charges. If the client decides to cancel there order after the unit has been dispatched, you will be responsible for the cost of all import charges as well as return charges and any additional costs incurred to the company. A refund will be issued once the unit has been returned to us in its original packaging, unopened and unused. If the unit has been opened and used, we cannot except this as a return.
Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the "Services") are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the "Terms of Service"). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service. Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Ascotuk.com will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to this Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Invalidity, Waiver, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you Return your item(s) to us within 14 days of receipt, in unsoiled, undamaged and unused condition, and in original packaging we will happily Refund or Exchange them for you.
Please contact us direct - It is essential that you include a covering note with your parcel, telling us:
- Your Original Order Number
- Your Name and Contact Phone Number
- Whether you would like a Refund or an Exchange (and what you might require in exchange)
- We strongly advise customers to obtain proof of postage from their Post Office, as in the extremely unlikely event of the item(s) not reaching us. Return costs will be covered by the buyer and any charges incurred for taking payment i.e Any cost incurred by the company for processing credit cards will be deducted from the refund along with delivery costs.
- Exchanges are subject to stock availability. Please check our website for up to date stock.
- If you think you have received an incorrect or a faulty item, please contact us . We will then be able to advise on the best way to proceed. Usually, this will involve the item being returned to our Returns Department for Inspection and verification of the faulty prior to dispatching any replacements. We regret that we are unable to issue any replacements until we have verified the fault, please allow 14 working days before contacting us regarding your faulty item. Client to pay for return's of faulty items, if over 30 days.
- Often the judgement of faulty items lies with the supplier/manufacturer, so time must be allowed for there assessment and report so that we can then move forward and resolve the issue.
If you are returning a parcel from a non EU country please follow these instructions
- Write on the front of the parcel – RETURNING TO SELLER and also please make a note of the item(s) included
- This will enable to item to clear customs more efficiently
- We also suggest the item is sent using a tracked and insured service
- Re-Sale Policy - If you wish to re-sale one of our products like Hay Steamers, we do not allow internal photos of the unit to be published on the internet.